Thank you for being an active and faithful member of First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica. As you understand, the Coronavirus (Covid-19) will significantly reduce our revenues from our commercial real estate sources and investments in the stock market. This reduction in income will limit our ability to continue much of the great work of God at First Church. At this very challenging time in our nation and the world, your church needs you and is challenging you to not only to continue giving but to increase your giving to a higher level.
More than ever, giving of your tithes and offerings is necessary for us to share the gospel, keep the buildings open and support others in our community. It’s always been our mission to answer the cry of the needy, and be open and available to our neighbors. Continuing this mission is especially vital during this challenging time for New York City and the nation.
If you can only give $10 more each week the impact would be tremendous in helping us to meet the needs above.
We sincerely appreciate your continued generosity and want you to prayerfully increase your contribution and give to the ministries in any of the following ways:
- Through the church’s website using PayPal
- Text FPCJ to 73256 to donate
- Zelle use the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your check to First Presbyterian Church
- Use your online banking to make the check directly to First Presbyterian Church
- Drop your check off at the church during business hours (Mon — Thurs 9am to 5pm, Friday 8:30am — 4:30pm)
- Contact Gregory Horne, Director of Finance and Administration to discuss other options at (718) 526-4775 Ext 17
We understand that going to another level of giving requires a personal sacrifice, and that’s what we are asking of you at this time. We believe that if each of us were to do this and invite our friends and neighbors to do the same, we will make it through this crisis and the church will continue to serve you, your family and the community.
Reverend Patrick O’Connor, Lead Pastor
Reverend Christopher De La Cruz, Associate Pastor
Ollie Samuels, Clerk of Session
Ishmael Carter, Treasurer